1900’s-1960’s

OFM (Oregon Farmers Mutual Telephone Company) is located in the northwest part of the state near Saint Joseph, Missouri. Early records indicated the company was organized in 1903, the company was incorporated in 1910. Ida Lenz Williams and C.E Williams lived in the telephone office until 1912.

In 1953, the company built a new building to house the common battery central office equipment and new business office. The town of Oregon was cut to common battery in 1953, and in 1960 the company secured an REA loan and set up new lines in the rural area replacing some farmer owned lines. At the same time, the Oregon Company starting serving the New Point area.

The Forest City area, a few miles west of Oregon, asked for service in 1960 and service was given.  The Forest City area was connected into the Oregon system in 1962.